Rules for Mini Float Competition – 2/3 dimensional model
- There are 3 categories for entry;
- Under 18
- Over 18
- Family Entry
- Entries should be 3 dimensional and be big enough to show the relevant details but no bigger than 90 cm long, 60 cm wide and 75cm tall.
- Entries can be made using recycled items or other items such as:
- Paper Flowers, Mosses, Grasses, dried flowers, fruit seeds, leaves, crushed nuts, shells, crushed seashells, seaweed, corn, tea, sugar, hemp, raffia, oats, sand.
- All areas of the mini float model should be covered
- Entries can be enhanced with the use of lights or moving parts.
- A brief description should be attached to each entry form.
- The overall winner, will have their creation built in a larger version and this will be displayed in a “static style” at the Jersey Battle of Flowers Parade 2021.
- The winners for each category will be given tickets for one of the parades in 2021.
- 2 tickets for U18, 2 tickets for Over 18 and 4 tickets for the family winning entry.
- Depending on the number of entries received, these may be displayed in/at a public Island venue.
Entry Form will need to be submitted by: 20th July 2020
Mini Floats to be delivered to The Jersey Battle of Flowers Headquarters, Meadowbank, St Lawrence by 31st August for judging.
BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!